Natural breast pumping
The emotional closeness and the bond between mom and baby during breastfeeding are very special. It is no wonder, then, that moms are reluctant to place their trust in a breast pump. But when direct breastfeeding is not possible or you are experiencing difficulties, switching to a breast pump might be very helpful.
Based on clinical research, Medela developed the breast pump Symphony that mimics the natural sucking behaviour of your baby at the breast, thereby stimulating the flow of milk. This means that you can pump more breast milk in less time, when pumping at maximum comfort vacuum.
Benefits of Symphony breast pump
The hospital-grade, multi-user Symphony breast pump with its technical features and accessories is based on clinical research and is designed to help you meet your individual needs throughout your breastfeeding journey.
Symphony features Medela’s Initiate technology and 2-Phase Expression technology, comes with overflow protection and is equipped for double and single pumping.
The Symphony Retail Double-pumping kit includes two PersonalFit Breast Shields in size M (24mm). Additional sizes are available separately: S (21mm), L (27mm), XL (30mm) and XXL (36mm).
All parts that come into contact with milk are BPA and phthalate free.
Rental fees may be covered by some health insurance companies.
- Supports you to successfully initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk production.
- Helps you initiate lactation when using the INITIATE program
- Assists you to build and maintain your milk production when using the MAINTAIN program.
- Particularly gentle on extremely sensitive breast tissue
- Alleviates symptoms of engorgement and helps heal mastitis
- Brings out flat or inverted nipples
- Easy to use and pleasingly quiet operation
Benefits of double pumping and 2-Phase Expression technology
The combination of double pumping and Medela’s 2-Phase Expression technology provides the following benefits:
- Time saving – you can pump more milk in less time
- Maintains your milk supply when direct breastfeeding is not possible
- Your milk has a higher energy content – especially beneficial if your baby was born preterm
- Comfortable and efficient to use